It’s pitch black here and I’ve just gotten in from the final practice. It was a bit longer tonight and the daylight was a bit shorter signaling the end of camp and the start of the next phase of pre-season then on to school and the regular season.
Here’s what was up at Gillette this evening.
- Guys were in full pads for the 3rd (public) practice in a row.
- I didn’t see Tom Brady, Adalius Thomas, Ty Warren, Gemara Williams, Larry Anam, Artrell Hawkins, Kyle Bissinger (who got dinged this morning), Billy Yates, Mike Wright nor the usual MIAs.
- At long last, the rookies sported their creative hairdoos much to the delight of the crowd (pictures to follow!) and the vets set up another “slip-n-slide” session for them as well.
- Jon Bon Jovi was in the house and spoke to Kraft on the sidelines prior to practice but was on the field with Belichick throughout most of the practice itself.
- Today’s focus was mostly on the run game and short passing game with some deep balls towards the end of the night heading toward the opposite end zone.
- With Brady not present, Cassel saw most of the reps hitting Watson, Kight, and Brian Jones and Welker each more than once.
- Cassel looked pretty good tonight and I think he’s better when he gets more reps rather than subbing in. He seems more comfortable and gets his timing down.
- Taking laps tonight were Kenny Smith, Kareem Brown, and Zach West.
- Kyle Brady was once again on the sidelines in work-out wear.
- It was nice to see Don Davis retain a spot with team and nice to see him with the coaching staff out there on the field today.
Practice ran a bit longer than usual with lots of guys signing and lots of players’ kids on the field post-practice to play with their Dads. I bet they’re all happy that they’ll be breaking camp and coming home by the weekend.
As for me, I’ll be at the game on Friday, then I’m changing gears, getting ready for school and taking a week of R&R in the sun with my family and overflowing bookbag.
I’ll likely post my roster predictions and as always check for my weekly podcast and website to keep up on the latest in Patriot Nation. I’ll be adding pictures to my flickr account all season as well.
Keep tuning in to the podcast for weekly reports