Here’s a guest post by my friend Mike, who took in the Sunday evening session. Thanks Mike!
Due to inclement weather, otherwise known as torrential downpours practice was held inside the field house. Mrs. B was smart staying home, because I got drenched walking from the stadium to the field house. Due to the fact that the field is only 70 yards long inside the field house, it is hard to tell whether the team is doing red-zone drills, or just regular drills.
Attendance: New Offensive Lineman Pete McMahon will be wearing 64.
Those not in attendance: Richard Seymour, Matt Light, Jason Webster, Vince Redd, Marcus Pollard
* Jordan in his 3rd practice continues to impress
* Three players took a lap tonight: Logan Mankins, Steve Fifita, Jimmy Martin
* Randy Moss joked around standing in the middle of the endzone and yelling right before a receiver was supposed to catch the ball. He also tried to deflect a pass, which didn’t phase the receiver.
* The running backs are doing a drill where one of them is the running back trying to hold on to the ball, the other is trying to cause a fumble.
* TE coach Pete Manguarian worked 1 on 1 with Ben Watson.
* Brady was firing bullets tonight having not thrown this morning
* Belichick ran right into the middle of the line of scrimmage, squirted water either at the lineman or on the ball, and then ran out (talk about situational football)
* Linebacker Gary Guyton got praise from Belichick for picking up on something the other linebackers in the play didn’t
* All four quarterbacks looked impressive with tight spirals on most of their passes
* Chad Jackson looked like he had a better handle on adjustments as compared to last year when Brady, Belichick, or McDaniels used to scream at him
* Bob and Myra Kraft took in practice, with Bob spending some time talking to Ernie Adams
* Once again our first defense included: Vince Wilfork, Ty Warren, Le Kevin Smith, Adalius Thomas, Tedy Bruschi, Tank Williams at Linebacker, Pierre Woods, Fernando Bryant, Lewis Sanders, James Sanders, Brandon Meriweather
* Offense we had of course Tom Brady, Laurence Maroney, Ryan O’Callaghan, Russ Hochstein, Dan Koppen, Logan Mankins, Wesley Britt, Randy Moss, Jabar Gaffney, Chad Jackson
* Running Backs, Tight Ends, and Quarterbacks signed tonight, and with only VIPs in attendance they seemed to luck out
* Perhaps in response to having most of the practices in pads, Belichick gave the team the night off.
Posted: July 27th, 2008 under 2008.