MrsB’s Training Camp Report 07/27/08 AM
Just in from this morning’s session and I’m throwing out things from memory really quickly because I’ve got to get ready for the Christening this afternoon. I left the house late this morning because it was raining here for hours and I kept calling the hotline (1-508-549-0001) to check to see if it was canceled or not. Obviously it was on and I so I headed out with Jake. It turned out to be a hazy but nice morning for camp.
Here are the quick tidbits for today:
- It was the 5th straight “practice” in full pads. Last night was just a (closed to the public) walk-through session so it doesn’t really count in my mind. Even the PUP guys were allowed to attend.
- Kaczur is off PUP and as you know, Mruczkowski retired yesterday.
- Brady took it easy today again, deferring to his understudies.
- I didn’t spot Seymour out there (but admittedly didn’t specifically look for him; just realized now that I didn’t see him) so I’m not sure if he was out there or not.
- Lamont Jordan suited up and is wearing #32. He got lot of carries today when working on the running game and looks to be a powerhouse. In a rare move, Brady fumbled a snap.
- Bruschi batted away a Cassel pass in tight coverage but I missed the intended receiver. (That’s what happens when I camp with friends and chat. 😉 Richardson also batted one away.
- Gary Guyton had the sole pick of the day (and a good one at that) with a one handed, over the head pluck of a Guitierrez pass at the line of scrimmage that he likey would have taken to the house.
- Chad Jackson had a better day than Friday (although nothing outstanding) and once again was the primary kick returner.
- Gutierrez and Connolly took a lap together.
- Kelley Washington did his best to get the crowd to make noise during the special teams portion, signalling for noise by raising his hand above his head to the crowd.
- Jonathan Stupar missed a short Cassel pass and when it went right through his arms, the crowd reacted loudly.
- Mayo and Hobson worked together on the inside with the second team again today.
- Gaffney got a big crowd reaction with a corner TD catch in double coverage by Wheatley and Meriweather. On the next play, Moss caught one at the post and the crowd made noise once again.
- Gostkowski was at 100% with field goals at the end of practice. The first one took the newbies on the hill by surprise but then the tradition of catching the balls and tossing them back was in full swing. Tedy was having fun encouraging the kids to make the catches and could be heard at one point laughing and yelling “Anyone over 40, is not allowed to catch them.” Clearly, he got a kick out of watching the kids.
- For the Jake Exclusive of the day: From where he was sitting, he saw Crable dog it on the last play of one of the drills and Sealy went off, mocking him and imitating his lame effort. He yelled “Try to act like it’s your job. BECAUSE IT IS!!”
- In the absence of Vrable, Tedy hangs with Adalius and Tank on the sidelines.
- Linebackers signed today as did Brady. Tedy was the first over there and got his usual ovation followed by the cries of “Brady!” when he made his way there. However, the crowd went WILD asa smiling His Hoodie-ness approached the sidelines to sign. The crowd began chanting Bel-i-chick, Bel-i-chick… which is what I heard as I was making my way to the car to get home on time.
There’s another session tonight which I’m going to try to make but I can’t guarantee since I have that party to attend. Will we see shorts and shoulder pads tonight, or will the full pad streak continue on?
Jake took some great pictures which will be posted later on my Flickr account and look for a podcast later tonight.